There is a truly fine line between drinking at celebrations, celebrationsand alcohol abuse. Too much drinking cancause mental and physical damage to the drinker as well as adversely impact individualsaround him.
Alcohol abuse oralcoholism is thought aboutas a weakness, hence most of the alcoholics try to conceal their drinking practice or attempt to weaken orunderstate it. Alcoholism might be identifiedby recognizing behavioural pattern of the drinker. Otherwise observation of the behavioral pattern is the best method todiagnose alcoholism.
Alcoholism is excessive alcohol consumption negative resultson drinker's health, occupation or social life. There are strategies, which are made use of for medical diagnosis of alcohol addiction.
• Health care professionals utilize a number of evaluating tests toidentify hazard for alcoholism in a variety of drinkers. They utilize numerous kinds of surveys. A few of the most familiartests are Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST), the CAGE survey, and the TACE survey. There are various more questionnaires, which are used forassessment of magnitude ofalcoholism or its threat.
• Has the drinker ever sensed the need ofcutting down on alcohol consumption?
• Has he ever been annoyed by individuals condemninghim for his alcohol consumption?
• Has the drinker ever felt bad or guilty about his drinking?
• Has the drinker ever consumed alcoholic drinkfirst thing in the morning to steady his anxiety?
• Has the drinker ever utilizedalcohol in the morning to get rid of a hangover?
• How many alcohol toconstitute intoxication for them?
• Another method of medical diagnosis of alcoholism is different blood tests to analyze different bodily functions. Blood tests are done to assess liver health. If the person concerned is an alcoholic, he may have anaemia or an electrolyte imbalance in the blood. Their liver function tests likewise show a heightened level due toliver damage. One of the most sensitiveliver function tests is Gamma glutamyl transferase or GGT. Alcoholic persons likewise have reduced potassium, reducedmagnesium, and inadequate calcium in their blood. Excessive usage of alcohol might also be discovered by presence of alcohol in blood or liver or kidney. Excess intakeof alcohol likewise adversely affect kidney.
• An experienced medical professionalmay notice alcohol problem if a patient visits him for other bodily problems, whichmay result due to immoderate usage of alcohol. Medical professional might perform additional tests for stomach problem s, heart failure, alcohol withdrawal, or cirrhosis, depending upon the symptoms of the patient.
• Other aspect, which might show alcohol addiction, is sudden changes in behavior of the drinker. He may begin hiding or lying about his drinking. He may attempt to conceal about his whereaboutsand his activities. He might start behaving badly at work, home or socially. If any of the signs show alcoholism, it is much better to opt for physical tests foralcoholism. Timelydiagnosis assists in proper treatment of alcoholism or alcohol addiction.
Alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction is thought about as a moral deficiency, thus many of the alcoholics attempt to hide their drinkinghabit or attempt to weaken or downplay it. Alcoholism is excessive drinking resulting in negative outcomeson the drinker's health, occupation or social life. •Healthcare specialistsuse a number ofscreening tests to identify threat for alcoholism indifferent drinkers. If any of thesymptoms suggest alcoholism, it is much better to go forphysical tests for alcoholism .Timely diagnosis assists in appropriate treatment of alcoholism or alcohol addict ion.